Sunday, May 31, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes for Clare's Dinner Party (And a lightning strike!)

A few months ago, I made cupcakes for a Friday night Scrapbooking Crop that I am a part of. They were a big success. One of my fellow scrappers, Clare, asked me to make cupcakes for an upcoming dinner party of hers. Obviously I accepted!

Red Velvet cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting:




While I was out (for 45 mintues) delivering the cupcakes to Clare's house (she also lives in Frisco), lightning struck our house! When I walked in, our house had a funny burnt smell to it. When I walked further into the house, I saw on our fireplace that some tiles had been shattered and there were a few burn marks. I called the fire department and they brought out the whole crew to check our house for anything that could still be smoldering. Luckily there was no structural damage, and we are so lucky and blessed that our house didn't catch on fire. It turned out to be a crazy day. Alex and I stayed with my parents in Denton for a few days since the firemen turned off our power to prevent anything else from happening.

No comments: