Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Personal and Difficult Time

Hello fellow bloggers and readers!  I've been noticably absent from my blogging lately, and it is for a few different reasons.  I haven't really been doing too much baking lately, and I think part of that is because I went through a lay off about two weeks ago.  My beloved job as a graphics operator for a local television studio was taken from me. 

Now, I consider myself someone lucky in the job department.  I've never had a job that I've absolutely hated.  I've done fast food, worked in a music store (I LOVED that one!), waited tables, dealt with angry (oh so angry!) people with parking tickets, been a pyrotechnician, answered 911 calls, and most recently worked in television production.  But this last one was so special to me because not only was the work enjoyable, but the people I worked with were absolutely amazing.  We were like a little family, a little dysfunctional, but still a family.  :)

So now I'm on the hunt for a new job.  I've always been a coupon clipper, but now I am even more so.  When I was planning out wedding, I would spend so much time online trying to find wedding coupons.  There are so many blogs and websites out there that tell you exactly how to save a lot of money, even make money on some things.  I'm now stepping up my coupon clipping, and I think it will help a lot while I try to find my new direction in my career life.

Everything happens for a reason, right?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Jennifer. I am so sorry you are having a hard time. Hang in there. I hope things turn around for you quickly.

Letherton said...

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

Monica Lifferth said...

So sorry to hear about your job. That is hard. Good luck in your new search and keep up with the good attitude. When one door closes, another opens. :)