Thursday, July 15, 2010

MSC: Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes

For the month of July, Lauryn from Bella Baker chose the Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes from page 108 of the Martha Stewart Cupcakes book.

Ugh, another failure for me this month.  I was so excited to make these cupcakes because I had never attempted any kind of flourless cake before.  I didn't have any trouble making these, and the ingredient list was fairly simple.  My cupcakes even looked exactly like the picture in the book.


I must admit, I've never had flourless cake before. But this cake turned out really soggy and overly moist (and not in a good way). I was looking forward to taking these to share with my new co-workers, but there was no way I was going to make my first cupcake "impression" with these things.




I've come so close to quitting this challenge because honestly, the cupcakes so far haven't been so great, with the exception of the Pumpkin cupcakes. But, I've committed to this challenge and I'm going to keep going, dang it! :) I'm sure most of the failure is on my part, but I've got to keep going so I can be a better baker.

Next month, Marthe from Culinary Delights has chosen the Triple Citrus cupcakes. I have wanted to make these cupcakes since I saw them featured on the Martha Stewart TV show, so hopefully they will be a success!

Be sure to check out all of my other baking buddies' posts. You can view our list of bakers at our Martha Stewart's Cupcakes Club website.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sorry you didn't like these. Mine were pretty tasty, so I was happy. Yours do look nice though.

Bri said...

I'm sorry they didn't taste too good, but on the bright side, they turned out looking just like they were supposed to! Mine didn't even have the crackly tops, they just sunk. Better luck next month, hopefully!

Nina said...

Sorry you didn't have such a great experience with these. I mean mine came out great and were fudgy - how they were meant to be I suppose. Mine were like a fudgy brownie texture.

Bella Baker said...

Thats too bad these didnt work out for you. But I love your committment! Hopefully next month's will be a hit for you!! Thanks for giving them a try!