Friday, September 4, 2009

Dimples Cupcakes - A Review

Last week I finally caught up with the Dimples Cupcake truck here in the DFW area. They made a stop at the Target in Frisco, close to my house. I made a special trip to try their cupcakes, I kept missing them in the previous weeks.

When I drove up to Target, I immediately spotted their cupcake truck.


I met the owners, two very nice guys. They said their retail location in Willow Bend Mall in Plano is scheduled to open at the end of this month. I decided to try the Red Velvet, Chocolate with Chocolate frosting, and the Vanilla cake with coconut frosting.



Their packaging was great, very easy to transport without the mess.


They even provide a fork and a napkin, and you're going to need it. These things are giant! They were $4 each, but worth it. I couldn't finish one in one sitting. Definitely good for sharing.

First up, Red Velvet:


This was a fabulous cupcake. The chocolate taste was more pronounced than I am used to in a Red Velvet, and I loved it. The cake was moist with just the right amount of food coloring. I mean, look at this...it is perfect.

I would definitely order this one again.

Next up, the Vanilla cake with coconut frosting.

This one was also amazing. The cake on this one was also incredibly moist.

Last but not least, is the Chocolate cake with Chocolate frosting.

Okay, so all the cake that I tried was wonderfully moist. The frosting on this one tasted a lot like the chocolate buttercream that I make at home.

The verdict: I would definitely visit the Dimples Cupcake truck again. They are friendly folks with wonderful cupcakes. Some may think the $4 price tag may be a little high, but these cupcakes are better than what you would get at Sprinkles, and a lot bigger, too. Check out their website, dimplescupcakes.com for more information!

5 comments:

Penni said...

Jennifer,
Your blog is absolutely fabulous. You have done a great job with it. I love the way you have explained all about the dimples cupcakes. Very nice of you to praise their great work, but honestly dad and I thought you had made the ones you were talking about being theirs.

Anonymous said...

Before you think they are "nice guys"....read this.

http://babyrabies.com/2009/10/01/okay-here-is-an-edited-down-version/

Sam-son said...

I was shocked that this has happened to someone else. Chad's attitude is completely unprofessional and his belligerence is an insult to my intellegence. He has too threatened me with legal actions. I am appauled that he can get away with this. Good for you for standing up. You have more courage than I did. I let him bash me with those horrible words and I cant believe that he gets away with this. This is not about Dimples Cupcakes...this is about the lack of Customer Service. I am very sorry to hear that he has yet again stooped so low.
http://babyrabies.com/2009/10/01/okay-here-is-an-edited-down-version/

Anonymous said...

Their customer service is appalling. No cupcake is worth overlooking that. I will not be giving them my business.

Davey said...

Dimples rocks! I love their red velvet and Chocolate Mousse!!! Way better than sprinkles!!! Finally a place that you actually get what you pay for!!!

Obviously these Anonymous commenters are hating because of how awesome Dimples is!!!