Thursday, January 14, 2010

Merry Christmas?

A digression from cupcake talk:

So this is what my husband and I got for Christmas....





Whether we wanted it or not. This Christmas Eve, North Texas got some unseasonable weather. I think the region was very unprepared for the weather that occurred that day.

My husband Alex and I closed our store, Reef Remedies, early that day, and picked up Alex's grandparents. We began our journey to Fort Worth, where Alex's Mom and Stepdad live. About halfway there, the roads had gotten terrible. We almost made it to their house, when this happened. Thankfully no one was hurt, including the family in the other truck. Needless to say, I am currently on the hunt for a new car. I loved this little car, but it is JUST a car. And I am so thankful that we still managed to have a Merry Christmas despite our achy necks and backs. :)

And by the way, the cupcakes in the car somehow escaped unscathed. But I was so frazzled by the entire experience, I completely forgot to take pictures. :(

No comments: